"Living by the Spirit"
Units for the Year
Algebra develops basic understandings of mathematics. Topics covered during the year include:
- solving and graphing linear equations and inequalities
- solving systems of equations and applications
- solving, graphing and taking roots of quadratics
- basic operations of polynomials
- factoring polynomials
Materials Needed for Class
1. Notebook (3 ring binder with paper)
2. Pencil for quizzes/tests. (pen may be used for notes)
3. Textbook - book must have a paper cover on it
4. Scientific calculator or better (TI-30XS Multi-view or TI-30xIIs is recommended)
Grades are based on points earned compared to the total points possible. Points can be earned from:
4. Graded Assignments
6. Final Exam (counts 2 test grades)
7. Extra Credit (when available)
A: 95-100 A-: 93-94 B+: 91-92 B: 87-90 B-: 85-86
C+: 83-84 C: 79-82 C-: 77-78 D+: 75-76 D: 72-74
D-: 70-71 F: 0-69
Absence: If you are absent, please get the assignments by one of the following methods:
1. asking me when you return to school
2. calling a reliable friend from class
3. checking the Milwaukee Lutheran website (www.mymlhs.org)
If you are absent for a long period of time, please contact the school so that assignments can be sent home. You are required to make up the missing work. When you get back, you need to make arrangements with me to get the work completed. If an absence is due to a field trip or other school activities, you must get assignments ahead of time and make arrangements for missing quizzes or test ahead of time.
Tardies: You must be completely in the classroom by the end of the tone. Please get seated immediately.
How to be Successful:
1. Take notes (in a notebook) during class. Copy sample problems from board and try them as we go through them in class. Do the assignments in your notebook. If you have trouble with the problems, come in and get extra help. Notebooks will be collected and graded at the end of each chapter.
2. Use all given class time to begin your assignment.
3. Take announced quizzes. .
4. Take Chapter Tests.
a. Chapter tests are cumulative. The last cumulative test of the semester will be the final exam.
On-Line Grades: To access grades go to the Milwaukee Lutheran website. Daily work will be posted within 2-3 days. Quizzes/Tests will be posted within 1 week.
Cheating Policy: You will receive a zero along with the person who gave you the answers or work and parents will be notified.
Extra Help: Hours 3 and 8 (with a pass from me)
before school (7:35-7:50 Mondays; 7:20-7:50 Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays)
before school (7:30-8:30 on Student Help Thursdays)
after school (3:06-3:35 ) (except when coaching)
Passes: Given for emergencies only. Planner and school ID required.
Classroom R's: Responsibility and Respect
You are responsible for your education. Others, like myself, are here to guide and help you. Please respect the right of others wanting to learn.
School Phone Number: 414-461-600 My extension: 273